There is an exciting new addition to the National Health Innovation and Research Symposium at Coffs Harbour.
A pre-symposium workshop will be held on Wednesday, 2 August from 5pm to 7 pm at Opal Cove Resort. This dynamic workshop will feature an interactive panel of experts who are involved in developing rural health research. Panel members are:
- Warren Grimshaw AM – Governing Board Chair, Mid North Coast Local Health District
- Stewart Dowrick – Chief Executive, Mid North Local Health District
- Dr Tony Penna – Executive Director, Office of Health and Medical Research
- Dr Linda Shields – Professor of Nursing, Charles Sturt University and member of Western NSW Research Network
- Dr Andrew Searles – Associate Professor Public Health, Hunter Medical Research Institute and member of NSW Regional Health Partners Centre for Innovation in Regional Health
- Dr Dave Gillespie – Executive Medical Director, Coffs Clinical Network and PhD student
The panel will discuss a hypothetical scenario that explores how to create a niche for rural health research. The workshop will be facilitated by Professor Gail Whiteford of Griffith University, Mid North Coast Local Health District Governing Board Member and Chair of the Occupational Therapy Australia Research Foundation.
If you are interested in rural health research come along and contribute to the discussion. At the close of the workshop there will be networking opportunities with the panel and other like-minded people.
There is no cost to attend the workshop. Places are limited so register for this event via the website. If you are not attending the Symposium but would like to attend the workshop, please email MNCResearch@ncahs.health.nsw.gov.au by 28 July 2017.