Are you an entrepreneur, creative thinker or start up?
A cash prize of $5000* is being offered for each winning pitch relating to the following two challenges:
Challenge One: Addressing the rate of Aboriginal mothers smoking during pregnancy
Challenge Two: Reducing the youth suicide rate
To register your interest or obtain further information refer to the links above. The Open Innovation Challenge is being held in the lead up to the Mid North Coast Local Health District’s (MNCLHD) Health Innovation and Research Symposium. Click here to access the Open Innovation Challenge Flyer
Why open innovation?
By working collaboratively with all key stakeholders we believe we can launch solutions faster and for less cost.
What will the winner of each Challenge get?
- A cash reward of $5,000
- No equity taken
Resources and assistance will be negotiated with the Mid North Coast Local Health District to adopt the winning solution over the subsequent 12 months (subject to the Terms and Conditions)
- 12 months desk space at the Coffs Harbour Innovation Hub (6 degrees co-working space) valued at $1,320.
- A complimentary one-on-one consultation valued at $200 from LegalVision and includes:
- A Legal Handbook for founder
- A phone consultation with a legally- trained start-up specialist going through your specific business needs in detail and providing information and recommendations for you
- An output document which includes recommendations and advice from the consultation.
Judging and Next Steps:
The top five solutions for each challenge will be invited free of charge to take part in:
- Idea validation workshop valued at $150
- Business model validation using the Lean Canvas valued at $150
- Pitch training session valued at $150
The winning pitches will be showcased at the MNCLHD Health Innovation and Research Symposium on Friday 17 August 2018 at Bonville Golf Resort, Coffs Harbour.
For more information about the MNCLHDs Health Innovation and Research Symposium and the Open Innovation Challenge please contact:
Mid North Coast Local Health District
Telephone: 0429 881 314
* Plus resources and help to adopt the winning solution over the subsequent 12 months.